WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Saturday, November 25, 2017

RIc's Poetry Open Mic 11 July 2017

Hello fellow writers,
Our usual first Tuesday of the month gathering to read our writings to one another is changed to the second Tuesday of the month due to the conflict with the fourth of July celebrations.

If you are at all like me, I would rather spend the fourth of July quietly listening to poetry and prose, sitting on the edge of a mesa 8,000 feet above sea level watching lightning storms accompanied by thunder, or walk a deserted beach--my toes dipping into the cool foamy edges of the ocean. Quietly engaged in conversation, or listening to music.  Perhaps entwined with my lover.  A good book, a pen in hand with plenty of empty pages or a cat on my lap purring would be perfect, too.

Living in Seaside I will no doubt be a part of the volume fireworks present.  Inside my mind, I will seek peacefulness-- Zen, regardless how loud and loosened the bowels become in my outer world.  It is but a day for people to gather.  And what better way to bring humanity back to our humanness...than to gather.  To recognize our impact upon one another.

I will look forward to seeing you all a week later than usual, and until then, I wish you a happy and peaceful journey and fourth of July celebration.


Come join us and share your creations at our Eleventh "Ric's Poetry Mic".


Please mark your calendars for the coming week:

DATE: Tuesday 11  July  2017


See you soon fellow writers.  Be well and inspired.

Cheers,

Kat  

No comments:

Post a Comment