WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Saturday, November 25, 2017

RIc's Poetry Open Mic 3 October 2017

Hello Fellow Writers,

My wonderment about the speed by which time passes strikes me with a puzzlement 
each month when I send out this notice for our upcoming open mic. Is it possible 
that we gathered together to share our writing that long ago? And when I 
double-check my calendar, I am always taken aback that time marches solidly, 
metronomically onward even though my own inner clock might falter and miss a 
couple beats now and again.

Last week on the warm autumn afternoon that marked the transition from summer to 
fall, I could feel the time shifting in my bones. My body felt the warmth of the 
September sun that spoke to me of this change. Telling me to sit, to bask, enjoy 
the moment of this wondrous transition. There was a stillness in the air. A 
clarity that held my mind and heart at ease. Joy blushed across my entire being 
and I smiled at the familiar place I had been longing to visit again. Time 
passed in those moments with a suspension that defied external business.

A few autumn thunder rolls and lightning bursts brought me back to the reality 
that we have weather before us......the rain gods speak. And bless us with their 
rainfall. Soon it will be time again to share words together. I look forward to 
our next gathering where we come together to tell our stories.

Come join us and share your creations at our Fourteenth "Ric's Poetry Mic".

Please mark your calendars for the coming week:
DATE: Tuesday, 3 October 2017
 
See you soon fellow writers.  Be well and inspired.

Cheers,

Kat


 

No comments:

Post a Comment