WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Saturday, November 25, 2017

RIc's Poetry Open Mic 1 August 2017


Hello Fellow Writers,

It is that time again.  To mark our calendars for the upcoming "Ric's Poetry Mic."

Summer often has unforeseen disruptions that breaks patterns otherwise solidly set by desire, habit, responsibility or a myriad other notions that make up our story.  Like myself, intentions to attend July's reading were stellar, only to be interrupted by camping and family and the joy of gathering with them.  I suppose it does not matter what our reason is to gather as long as we do-- to express ourselves in our fullest most exuberant way with others.  The way in which we matter most to ourself and therefore, shine our light most brightly outwardly in this world.

I must admit to you, yet another pondering, though.  Is the very fabric of this society, this culture, familiar to me in my lifetime, truly shifting away from interpersonal, inclusive interaction with my fellow human beings as strongly as I sense it is?  Is the true sense of meaningful "gathering," shifting?  There are days when the power of other folk's iphone's rings, bells and whistles keep me on edge, shoot cortisol into my system when their messages alert them of their incoming importance.  Reminding me of my silent phone and my lack of a gazillion Facebook friends, topped with my own sense of exclusivity.

With stranger's iphone messages clearly amping up my adrenaline, my own sense of isolation builds.  Over this last month I began leaving my phone at home.  Testing the waters, meditating more frequently, and checking in to see if my inner and outer wellbeing could be regained.  Finding center amidst the fracturing I sense within myself from the external digital noise.  This recent habitual shift appears to feed me well.  :D   A reminder that a good life is about change with acceptance.

I must say, while I missed July's gathering, my intention once again to see you all in August and listen with sharpened ears to your poetry and prose readings motivates me strongly. I look forward to seeing you.  To participate again in the historical gathering of poets whose readings have lifted hearts, opened minds, and given human kind a purpose and reason to gather--to  pause for the beauty and meaning in the written creation.

This gift of inclusivity, of old world creativity, comes from our desire to gather and share.  What greater gift can we bring to one another and the world?

Come join us and share your creations at our Twelfth  "Ric's Poetry Mic".

Please mark your calendars for the coming week:
DATE: Tuesday, 1 August 2017

See you soon fellow writers.   

Be well and inspired,
cheers,

Kat  

No comments:

Post a Comment