WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Saturday, April 28, 2018

today is spring



a master puppeteer and his marionette
he danced me about the stage 
            I, wooden bodied and jointed
gracefully matching his skill
            to dive me effortlessly to and fro
rhythmically upon the ethers in fine costume of old
            brocaded skirts full with golden trim and tightly waisted

I smiled permanently under the spell of the strings
            that moved me
and the spring scent held upon my lips
from dawn till dusk
            until he gave me rest

today I breathed in spring
briny ocean droplets
fresh cut grasses
            harkening ancestral toil with teams and ploughs from dawn till dusk
wild blossoms tenderly sweet
            young love’s lips on clear complected faces
this wafting tea, light complex, pleasuring my senses
            lifting the corners of my lips



Kat
25 April 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment