WaterDragon

WaterDragon

Monday, December 14, 2015

Each Time



Decades ago I saw a French movie once, about the moment of total silence and its demarcation when it appeared to switch-on-a-dime into the incremental beginnings of the rustlings of the new day. 
Living in my box canyon in the wilds of New Mexico I discovered that moment. I always wanted to contemplate on it--study it, expand it--capture it and hold it still, then pull it apart like cotton batting wads, or cumulus clouds, but there was no time to do so--it was but a moment--a mili second, a nano second--as quick as that nighttime lightening flash across my meadow that lit brilliantly long enough to create a hunger to see more.  

Do you know what I mean?

I don’t know.  It was so momentary.  Unable to grasp its girth in any extended manner--I could only sense it, observe it for that fleeting time.  It took my breath away though, and equally so, left me with a deep sense of loss--as if a trick?  As if there were no markings to track--only the dash between two missing dates on a tombstone.  

And no one who knew the deceased.


Kat
1-29-16

No comments:

Post a Comment